Thursday, January 20, 2011

I just want to snuggle and snooze

Ugh, I have such a terrible cold! Ear and throat infection, too I think. This does not compute well with teething toddler and no proper sleep for about 16 months. And my poor Pan has to mangage all daycare drop-off and pick-up and as well as night soothing while I cough and sneeze and slip in and out of fever dreams. I'm off to see the doctor, when really I just want to stay in bed. This bed:

I just hope the sparkly things don't make twinkly noises, because all sound acquires a metallic twang in my bad ear, and it's a little disconcerting. And if someone could bring me honeyed tea in this cup:

And then, if I could just get a kiss from this little one, that would really make me feel better. Wait, I already got that.

The bed and cup are from Anthropologie, the kiss is a snap of the very first time Pims and I met.

9 comments:

k. said...

ååå så fint!

camilla said...

and sneeeeeze?
I know how you feel, I am the same. haven't set foot outside the door since Sunday. starting to get a little cabin fever...
wow, my comments are always so crappy compared to your posts, T. which are always amazing.
sorry about that.

tone almhjell said...

I love your comments, Camilla. And feel better! <3

Catherine Denton said...

You poor thing! My family has been puny too. Lots of hot tea and toast. Hope you feel better soon!

andalucy said...

Sorry about your cold! I hope you feel better very soon. Maybe already?

I would love to go to Scandinavia in the summer! I have a friend in Oslo I need to visit. As far as "how undressed is too undressed," it depends on the occasion. After living in Spain I'm definitely less of a prude. I still think there's something wrong with people going into a church, for example, even just to take pictures, in hot pants and cleavage on display.

bronwyn said...

Oh no! I think the sparkles in the bed have magical healing properties and you should rest there immediately. Feel better!

tone almhjell said...

Andalucy - you must come! That would be cool. I could show you Grünerløkka. Or maybe that's where your friend lives?

Hello Hoobubby / Alexandra said...

I've see that very bed in their catalog a few times- if only I had a few thousand dollars to spend on a bed like that! It is so pretty to look at though. They have another one too with birds on it that I just love. I have a quilt from there thats wonderful and I adore. Do they have Anthropologie in Europe? If not, you'll just have to come visit us in Portland and we'll take you. Just the window displays alone are always so amazing and creative.
Btw, L was telling me yesterday about your wonderful book! I can't wait to read it. The title alone I really, really loved....
Hope you feel much better soon. Rest, relax, mend!

tone almhjell said...

Hi Alexandra! I think at least there is a European webshop. But it'll be much more fun to come with you in Portland. There's a small chance that we'll be going to California this summer, so you never know!

And thank you so much for liking the book/idea/title. Makes my day!